New Year, new you right? Maybe. Or maybe there's just a few little tweaks you can incorporate into your life to make it that much better and have you feeling healthier and happier every day. Maybe you need to play with a few and see which fit where and when. And maybe, you can take a list of 51 ways like this and prioritize 5 a month starting now to enhance your well-being - mind, body, soul - and have them stick as your new normal without the pressure of weighty resolutions. Maybe. You do you. But I hope you do your best you this year and feel amazing living it fully! x
- Set a goal. Just one most important goal to you this year. And write it down. Everywhere. And get acting on it today.
- Clean out your closet. Like, ruthlessly stocktake to let your true style shine.
- Clean out your pantry. Let's hope there's no #10yearchallenge evidence lurking in there.
- Get a good support tribe. Start with one and tell them the ways in which you appreciate their support.
- Switch a cleaner protein for a happy gut!
- Sweat daily.
- Invest in good sneakers. They can be cute and comfy.
- Put less emphasis on what you expect from others and more on knowing and challenging those you expect from yourself.
- Skip rope. They're cheap...and highly effective for #6.
- Swim. Laps. And in the ocean. Often. Nothing beats a dive under a wave for resetting your soul!
- PLAY OFTEN.
- Find the greens you will eat and eat more of them.
"Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness."
- Edward Smith-Stanley
13. Swap your coffee and big brand energy drinks for a B-Vitamin alternative.
14. Meet your friends for walk and talks instead of cake and coffee at least every second outing.
15. Breathe 10 deep belly breathes 3 times a day and build up to 100 a day. In the bath is ideal.
16. Take a detox bath whilst meditating or listening to a guided meditation. Weekly!
17. Take an apple cider vinegar bath once a month. Deal with it, it's detoxing!
18. Drink warm lemon water every morning to kick start your metabolism and mind.
19. Add apple cider vinegar and a dash of cayenne pepper to your warm lemon water. Drink with a straw.
20. Stretch. Daily.
21. Check out your chairs - invest in ergonomics. Your back, neck and clicker finger will thank you!
22. Get your skin checked for changes in freckles, moles and pigmentation.
23. Get a check-up at the dentist. Please don't wait 15 years like I did!
24. Practice safe sex - always. (Have it as much as you like!)
25. Hydrate. 2-3 litres a day for optimal liver function and happier skin.
26. COLOUR! Outside the lines even...
27. Book a vacation. Even if it's a camping trip. Book a getaway to look forward to.
28. Say YES to more of what you really want and an unapologetic NO to that which doesn't bring you joy!
29. Stand tall. Shoulders back. Power pose. You got this.
30. Create vignettes - happy little corners in your home - that you absolutely love. Discard or donate a piece in your home you hate.
31. Read and act on the advice of The Barefoot Investor.
32. Meal prep.
33. Take picnics. To the park, the beach, to a spot in the office by the window with your workmates. Gather and break bread.
34. Set a yearly gift-giving budget and do all your gift shopping during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. Now breathe. You're welcome.
35. Practice receiving compliments graciously.
36. Plaster affirmations all over your life and bombard your subconscious with can do I AM statements.
37. Buy yourself flowers. Whenever the heck you want!
38. Take your shoes off and go barefoot on the earth and ground yourself there.
39. Create a vision board for your year. Yep, even if you're reading this in September. Then stick the whole thing on your fridge with positive intentions and gratitude.
40. Get comfy in your own company...and not just watching Netflix. Take yourself on a date!
41. Join the 5am club and make a miracle of every morning. Own the morning and you own the day!
42. Do a drawer detox of your skincare, makeup, body care and sunscreens. Chuck the long expired, sis. Let it go.
43. Replace all trashed personal care with cleaner, safer, more environmentally friendly options. This is my beauty brand of choice for all of those reasons and the results.
44. Redecorate any rooms in your home that stress you out. Paint walls, replace dark or dysfunctional furniture with practical and pretty. Flood with light, enliven with plants and art, and embrace an environment that comforts and inspires.
45. Pick up some weights. And then some more. Frequently.
46. Read a book that expands your mind and supports your soul
47. Don't buy the sweets. Choose veggie sticks and hummus, or make nice cream from fruit and yogurt instead.
48. Test out Pilates, barre, hip hop, whatever by playing along at home (aka do it) from a YouTube video on your telly.
49. Set up your own altar of calm and sit to centre yourself there every few days.
50. Take a tech free day once a month, or more if overwhelm and comparison are numbing you.
51. Smile like you mean it.....and the world smiles with you....