THESE SS17 COLLECTIONS FROM AUSSIE DESIGNERS ARE ALL ABOUT COLOUR - AND I'M LOVING IT
Springing forth from a pastel haze phase (that is not over yet thanks to Gen Z Yellow), some Australian fashion labels are blossoming into the new season with a burst of welcome brighter colour. Everything from the pink and red trend, expected spring florals, and iconic botanical and nature-based prints are back in store and ready to wear - combined with another colour for the ultimate summer crush.
- Camilla has gone to Rio on her kaleidoscope of brilliant colours and clashed shape and hue in her typically energetic fashion and feminine silhouettes. Think the night before Carnival - beautiful, loud, mysterious and wild.
GO ALL OUT in a complete and captivating kaftan creation, or
TAKE A CUE if you can't commit by wrapping your favourite silky patterned scarf around your handbag handle for a flash of fun.
SASS & BIDE
- Sass & Bide are urging you to release your inner empress with complementary midnight blue in the ochre dessert vibes, with bold embellishments, raw edges and a little bit of sparkle. Think modern day moody Cleopatra with the best wardrobe on the block.
GO ALL OUT in a swinging electric blue sequin dress, or TAKE A CUE and wing that bright blue eyeliner I know you still have like you mean it and let your inner queen be seen!
ROMANCE WAS BORN
- Romance Was Born are no strangers to a crazy colour combo and know how to mix it up to be masterfully cool. Their Aura Aurora collection is no different - think frills, fringing, metallic moments and meteoric prints.
GO ALL OUT in the swishest fringe-fest skirt, or TAKE A CUE by adding your desired amount of fringe, sci-fi, frills or costume to your spring/summer styles.
SCANLAN AND THEODORE
- Scanlan Theodore have a sunset spectrum covered with more Millennial Pink, classic white and some strikes of magenta, a flash of floral and little bit of gingham for good measure. Think a pink lovers ultimate capsule cool wardrobe.
GO ALL OUT in a pleated pink perfection dress - belted, or TAKE A CUE and clash a pale pink with a pop pink in any item or accessory your closet can provide.
- Gorman is busy in the garden and adorning their cool girl shapes with funky flora and fauna, jelly and jingles. Think Swedish illustration with loads of imagination - tongue in cheek practically beautiful.
GO ALL OUT in groovy garden ankle biters, or TAKE A CUE and pull out your biggest brightest earrings and that farmers market tote you save for Sunday mornings.
For a girl who loves colour, this is going to be one fun spring and summer.
How about you? Will you be adding more hue's to your wardrobe this sunny season?
Drop a comment below and share your most colourful finds so far.